Dentures in San Diego, CA
Embrace Your Smile With Custom Dentures
A radiant smile can light up a room and fill hearts with joy. If you’re looking to embrace the beauty of your smile once again, look no further than Dr. Sabine Purps‘ exceptional dentures in San Diego, CA. As a trusted and skilled dentist, Dr. Purps is committed to crafting dentures that not only restore your teeth but also boost your confidence. Learn how denture restorations can enhance your oral health and self-image!
What Are Dentures?
Dentures are removable appliances designed to replace missing teeth and surrounding tissues. They offer a natural-looking solution for individuals who have lost some or all of their teeth due to various reasons, such as decay, gum disease, or injury. Dr. Purps takes pride in offering personalized denture solutions tailored to each patient’s needs.
Types of Dentures
Complete dentures, also known as full dentures, are suitable for individuals who have lost all their teeth in the upper or lower jaw or both. These dentures rest directly on the gums, providing a full set of teeth and supporting facial muscles.
If you have only a few missing teeth, partial dentures may be the ideal choice. They fill the gaps between existing teeth and prevent neighboring teeth from shifting.
Benefits of Dentures
Dentures offer several benefits, such as:
- Improved Chewing and Speech: Dentures restore the function of your smile, allowing you to chew food more effectively and speak clearly.
- Enhanced Appearance: Dentures can improve your smile and facial appearance, providing a natural-looking set of teeth.
- Boost in Confidence: Having a complete set of teeth can boost self-confidence, as it allows you to feel more comfortable and attractive in social situations.
- Support for Facial Muscles: Dentures help support your facial muscles, preventing a sunken appearance that can occur with missing teeth.
- Affordable Option: Dentures are often a more cost-effective solution compared to dental implants or bridges.
- Easy Maintenance: Taking care of dentures is simple and can be done with regular oral hygiene practices.
The Process of Getting Dentures
The process begins with a consultation with a dentist or prosthodontist. They will examine your mouth, take X-rays, and discuss the available denture options suitable for your needs. Your initial consultation is a great time to ask any questions
If you decide on dentures, the dentist will take precise impressions of your gums and any remaining teeth. These impressions help in creating custom-fit dentures.
If you need tooth extraction before receiving permanent dentures, you may be provided with temporary dentures to wear during the healing period.
Once your gums have healed, the dentist will fit the custom-made dentures. This fitting process ensures the dentures are comfortable and well-adjusted to your mouth.
Dentures might initially feel slightly uncomfortable or loose. You may need to visit the dentist for adjustments to achieve a better fit.
Adapting to Dentures
Learning to eat, speak, and adjust to wearing dentures may take some time. It’s normal to experience some initial difficulties, but with practice, you’ll become more comfortable.
Caring for Your Dentures
Proper care of dentures is crucial to maintain their function, appearance, and longevity. Here are some tips for how to keep your dentures in top shape:
- Daily Cleaning: Rinse your dentures after meals to remove food particles. Brush them gently with a soft denture brush and mild soap or denture cleaner to avoid damaging the surface.
- Remove Dentures at Night: Give your gums a rest by taking out your dentures at night. Soak them in a denture solution or water to keep them moist.
- Handle with Care: Dentures are delicate, so handle them carefully. Avoid using hot water, as it can cause warping.
- Regular Check-ups: Visit your dentist regularly for check-ups and adjustments. Your mouth and gums may change over time, and adjustments may be necessary to maintain a proper fit.
- Oral Hygiene: Even with dentures, maintaining good oral hygiene is essential. Clean your mouth and gums with a soft brush or gauze to prevent plaque buildup and maintain oral health.
Frequently Asked Questions
Can you eat hard food with dentures?
Yes, you can eat hard food with dentures, but it may require some adjustment and practice. Initially, eating hard foods might feel uncomfortable or awkward as you get used to wearing dentures. Over time, you’ll learn to adapt to chewing with dentures. It’s best to start with soft foods and gradually introduce tougher items into your diet.
How many teeth do you need for dentures?
The number of teeth you need for dentures varies based on your situation. If you’re getting full dentures, you need all the remaining natural teeth in that arch to be extracted beforehand. However, if you’re getting partial dentures, you may only need a few teeth extracted if any at all, and the dentures will be designed to fit around the existing natural teeth.
How long does it take to get dentures after extraction?
The time it takes to get dentures after tooth extraction can vary depending on several factors, including the healing process of your gums and any necessary adjustments to the dentures. Your dentist will provide you with an estimated treatment timeline at your consultation.
How much do dentures cost?
The cost of dentures can vary depending on the type of dentures you choose, your location, the materials used, and the dentist or prosthodontist’s fees. Consult a dentist or prosthodontist for an accurate estimate based on your needs and circumstances. Some dental insurance plans may partially cover the cost of dentures, so it’s a good idea to check your coverage beforehand.
Restore Your Smile & Your Confidence with Dentures
With dentures from San Diego denturist, Dr. Purps, you can regain the confidence to smile freely and unreservedly. Dr. Purps and his dedicated team are ready to transform your smile and change your life for the better.
Say goodbye to missing teeth and welcome a beautiful smile that radiates warmth and positivity. Call our San Diego office at (619) 295-6500 to schedule your denture consultation. We welcome patients from San Diego and surrounding areas such as Chula Vista, National City, and Lincoln Acres, CA.